Many hands make light work!
Benefits of Volunteering:
1. You get early registration before anyone else. (Set up/tear down/lunch/desk crews must serve 5 times to get the benefit.)
2. You earn credits toward your tuition. If you want to lower your tuition, this is one way to do it!
3. You get the privilege of serving the most amazing group of people, and blessing so many at once!
These positions fill quickly! An e-mail will begin going out in July asking for volunteers. Be sure to watch for those. Once filled, we don't have other opportunities.
Specific directions will be sent once you accept the position:
Head of Cleaning: (This is split to two positions. You must work alongside your other half.)
1. Set up cleaning volunteer schedule. Names and e-mails will be supplied to you.
2. By 2:30 all buckets with cleaning supplies must be set out for staff. Cleaning directions included.
3. Once the rooms/bathrooms have been put back in order, the head person must double check and mark credits. Credits only go to those who have cleaned correctly.
--Once a room is complete with windows locked, heat or air off, door must be locked to be sure no one enters.
4. Must put back mailboxes, drink cooler, and snack cart in our storage room. Tear down tables in foyer. (This is assigned to staff, but needs checked.)
5. Collect the rags for washing, and purchase any needed cleaning supplies.
6. Final run through of building to be sure nothing was missed.
Generally out by 3:45 to 4pm at the latest.
1. Be at your assigned time by 2:30 or 3:30.
2. Follow your room assignment.
3. Depending on room:
A. You can tear down tables
B. Wipe down all tables
C. Pull out chairs and vacuum.
D. Wipe down all boards
E. Take out trash
F. Put back in storage room any KDO items
G. Be sure room is left as the church requests. Pictures by doors.
H. Lock all windows and turn off air/heat.
I. Collect any KDO directional signs. (Put at front desk.)
4. Put all cleaning items back by storage room.
Head of Set up-
1. Come in at 7:30 am, before KDO starts in the morning.
2. Organize set up crew with jobs. Once this is done, each week they will know what to do.
3. Make sure snack cart, cooler with drinks (put in walk-in frig), and mailboxes get brought down.
4. Be sure rooms are set up to teacher specifications.
5. Do a final walk through to be sure all is correct and teachers have what they need.
Set up Crew-
1. Follow directions given for each room assigned
A . Set up tables and chairs.
B. Make sure rooms needing white boards and easels get set up.
C. Put up directional signs. (Get from front desk.)
Head of Lunch time-
1. Be there 10 minutes ahead of lunch.
2. Keep order during lunch, no kids leave the lunch room.
3. Be sure only two go to the bathroom at a time.
4. Help elementary open lunch items, if necessary.
5. Wipe down the tables after lunch is over.
6. Watch students take down tables carefully.
7. Sweep the floor.
8. Help with dispensing special lunches once a month.
9. (BE OBSERVANT!!!)
1. Be there 10 minutes early.
2. Supervise with Head of Lunch.
3. Keep order in the lunch room. (BE OBSERVANT!!)
Head of Lunch Specials-
1. Set up special lunches. (Decide what and when they will be.)
2. Create sign in sheets.
3. Organize sign-ins so that lunches can be dispensed quickly.
4. Call in order, and pick it up.
5. Dispense lunches to proper students.
1. Take all pictures and track information.
2. Get Senior information, baby pic, and senior pic.
3. Get staff pics
4. Get board note for inside.
5. Create a 40 page book.
6. Handle all correspondence with Yearbook Co.
YHSA Curriculum Chair-
1. Must be friendly and excited about KDO!
2. Collect the items needed from storage room the week before.
3. Set up the table as per YHSA's directions/timetable.
4. Be there during the fair to answer any questions.
5. Tear down the items, and bring back to KDO safely for next year.
1. Serves from 8:30 am to 11:45 am or 11:45 am to 2:45 pm.
2. Takes in all payments, make sure they are signed in correctly.
3. Handles any special funds.
4. Answer questions, or makes sure Director gets the question to answer.
5. Keeps an eye on the front doors at all times watching those coming and going.
6. Must be friendly and welcoming!
1. Subs must be qualified for their position. This means you have training/experience/and a big love of the area you want to sub in.
2. We have lab or assistant positions available.
3. You must have clearances and fingerprinting done in order to work with the children per the law.
Please respond to Bonnie Leair at email@example.com