Elementary Policies and Guidelines
The Science of Aging
The Natural and Untouched Look™
The Latest Techniques and Technologies
GoodSkin: The Best in Healthy-Aging Treatments
High School Policies and Guidelines
KDO Academy Board
Bonnie Leair (Board Director)
Participating in KDO Academy is both a privilege and a responsibility. As a Christian organization, we strive to ensure that biblical Christian teaching and modeling are an attribute of our homeschool resource group. While we do realize that each family may differ in beliefs, understand we teach from a biblical Christian worldview. While none of us are perfect, we strive to apply Christian values to our daily living. Those who participate in our community are asked to respect and support KDO Academy’s distinctive and Biblical standards of conduct.
Problem Resolution Agreement
• Address them with the teacher first. If I feel my concern was not addressed, I will then contact a board member.
• Remember, if the Teacher or the Board is not aware of the problem, they cannot fix it.
• Per Biblical instruction from Matt. 18:15-17, go to the teacher first, then the board.
• Gossiping to other parents is not acceptable.
• Please contact a board member for any policy concerns.
Registration Information for High School & Bridge Classes
Cash/Checks may be made payable to KDO Academy and paid at the front desk.
You may use bill pay through your bank. Make checks payable to KDO Academy, but mail them to KDO Academy, 2536 Eastern Blvd, Unit 131, York, PA 17402.
Be sure your student’s name is on the check!
Classes are charged per week and the rate per week is noted on the course description. A full year class is 32 weeks and a semester class is 16 weeks. To figure your tuition amount, take whatever class(es) you are selecting, per student, times the weekly amount (either year or semester). Note: We invoice per semester but you may pay weekly or monthly as long as your account does not fall two weeks behind.
Texts and required supplies are purchased by the parents prior to the start of class(es) and are listed with the course description. Some classes offer book rental, if this option is available, instructions will be listed with the course description.
Lab and Material fees are paid directly to the teacher on the first day of class. Please do not make the checks payable to KDO Academy for lab fees.
Payment is expected regardless of attendance . Keep in mind that our teachers are paid using your tuition payment, so promptness is appreciated!
If your account balance is more than two weeks behind and arrangements have not been made with administration, access to the online grading system will be withheld until your account balance is current. You may be asked to withdraw your student if late payment persists. You will still be obligated to pay KDO Academy for the classes you have chosen.
If any outstanding payment is due at the end of the year, access to the online grading system will be withheld until payment is made. You will also not be allowed to register your student again at KDO until your payment is made in full.
Note: The fee for bounced/returned checks is $25.
• A late fee of $5 will be charged for any student not picked up by 3:45pm
Students must sign themselves in and out. KDO Academy is not responsible for students once they sign out and leave the building during class hours. The sign in sheet allows us to know who is in the building in case of fire, and other liability reasons. Please make sure your student understands the need for this policy.
* We are not responsible for students who leave the premises. It is up to you, the parent, to be sure your student understands your wishes and obeys them.
Responsibilities of Students
• Display integrity in the keeping of your word, speaking the truth, and showing up to class on time.
• Do your own work. Any cheating will be handled at the teacher’s discretion.
• Accept guidance and correction from adults in charge of classes and activities.
• Respect other students by not speaking ill of or putting down others. Part of that respect is no foul, abusive, course, or sexual language, which includes cruel, course, or crude joking that is not befitting of the Christian life will not be tolerated. Harassment of any kind or bullying of another student will not be permitted. All behavior must be above reproach. Please carefully read the anti-bullying policy as bullying will not be tolerated.
• Gestures that are obscene, offensive, derogatory or disrespectful will result in disciplinary action.
• Understand we have a hands off policy. No student should be placing their hands on another student for any reason. If it is annoying, harassing, demeaning, hurtful, excessive, romantically affectionate, or sexual, it will not be tolerated.
• Not possess any impure or suggestive literature, writing, symbols, drawings, recordings (audio or video). Distribution of such will result in a penalty up to and including removal from KDO Academy.
• To do the work by the due date. In cases of absences, it is the students’ responsibility to get the work to the teacher. Late homework assignments will not be accepted if handed in later than two weeks past the original due date (unless arrangements have been made with the teacher in advance). It is expected that the student will have their homework completed for the individual success of the student, and the flow of the class. If a student has not completed the homework, it is the parent’s duty as the head of the student's education to discuss with the teacher an alternate plan. If no plan has been discussed, then a 0 is acceptable for the assignment. Teachers can only grade on what they see.
• To responsibly keep all class materials. The teachers’ will provide one copy per student. If additional copies are needed there will be an additional $5 copy charge; please be respectful of the teachers’ time.
• Use good study habits and be ready to participate and be cooperative for the best learning scenario to take place. (Yes, it is obvious if your student is waiting until the night before to do homework!) The teacher reserves the right to use the discipline policy if the lack of homework causes issues within the class.
• Remain within designated boundaries of the church. You may NOT use areas of the church/premises that have not been designated for our use. This also applies to neighboring properties.
• Respect the church and the leadership by not wandering the halls and by keeping noise levels down.
• Not sit in the parking lot unattended, and to be in a class, study hall, or off the church premises. Hanging out in the restrooms, stairwells, or gym is strictly prohibited!
• Not possess, use or solicit for/or sell legal or illegal drugs or alcohol, on the church property either inside or outside of the building. No Smoking, Vaping, Juuling, etc permitted on the church property either inside or outside of the building.
• Follow teachers’ policies concerning cell phones & watches for each class. Students caught cheating in anyway will be disciplined according to the teachers’ discretion.
School Work / Grading Policy
• Any concerns need to be addressed with the teacher first. It is the parent’s responsibility to make the teacher aware of any educational concerns you may have about your student.
• Student will be given a percentage grade at the end of each quarter, and one at the end of the year. It is up to the parent to determine the letter grade for that percentage.
• Parents must log into JupiterEd.com to see your students’ grades and assignments. All grading/communication/assignments will be handled through the online grading system.
• Teachers are available during the week to help with class assignments through JupiterEd. That said, we request that you respect the teacher’s time. If a student requires more than a short phone call or communique through the online grading system to handle a question, then please respect the teacher by setting up a tutoring time and making payment as set up by the teacher. We are blessed by our staff, and we want to safeguard their time.
• Students who drop classes will be dropped from JupiterEd. Once dropped, the grades will not be kept. Be sure you print off what you need before you drop the course.
• Student’s final grades will be on JupiterEd at the end of the school year. It is the parents’ responsibility to print the grades off. The grades are NOT kept by KDO Academy, and cannot be retrieved after June 30 th of the currently completed school year.
Discipline Policy for Bridge/High School
• 2 nd & 3 rd offense: An e-mail, or notice through the online grading system, will be sent to the parent notifying them of the behavior.
• 4 th offense: Teacher will speak face to face with the parent.
• Board members will be aware of the issue by the third offense, or as the teacher feels necessary. Student will be suspended from the program for the day. If issue cannot be resolved, then student will be dropped from the program. Payment will be made regardless of attendance.
A conference with the student and his or her parents will be held at the beginning of the suspension to discuss the reasons for the suspension. Teachers who wish to participate in the conference may do so, but per policy are not required. Continued poor performance by the student may result in expulsion.
The following violations will result in immediate suspension:
• The use and/or possession of tobacco, alcohol, or legal/illegal drugs
• Immoral sexual conduct
• Possession of weapons and/or dangerous items
• Flagrant disrespect and/or disobedience
• The possession and/or distribution of pornographic materials and information
• Terroristic threats, even in jest
o Step 1: First offense- the teacher discusses with the students-Make an electronic copy of plagiarized work including notation of party that is plagiarized and source where it was taken. It is up to the teacher if they allow the student to redo the work.
o Step 2: Second offense-An email, including the plagiarized paper and the source, is sent to the parent, student and liaison on one email, informing them of the plagiarism and indicating the seriousness of the offense, reminding them of the plagiarism policy, which is, if there is another offense, further disciplinary action, up to termination from KDO Academy, and letting the family know that the Board has been informed.
o Step 3: A meeting will be set up with the parents, student and the board members to communicate the seriousness of the offense and disciplinary measures up to termination from the KDO program.
*If students are, not following the guidelines, then disciplinary action will be taken as deemed necessary, which may include immediately calling their parents or up to a possible suspension.
Anti Bullying Policy
• Any damage caused by drivers will be paid for by the driver’s car insurance. It is your responsibility as the driver to handle the details.
• There are cameras & anyone speeding through parking lots will be caught.
Social Media Responsibility
-threats or warnings to hurt another person(s)
-threats or warnings about hurting oneself
-threats or warnings to damage church property in any manner
• Students may bring cell phones to KDO Academy. They may use them during study hall to text only. We have had students texting answers to others, which is unacceptable, and will be disciplined according to the teachers’ discretion.
• Once a month we hold a special lunch our students may participate in. Throughout the year, a variety of different lunches will be offered for sale. These will be announced in the weekly e-mails.
• A snack cart is also available should your student forget his/her lunch, or want something extra. It is between you (the parent) and your student to determine if they can or should eat what is there. The lunch ladies cannot monitor. If your student has allergies, be sure your student knows what is safe for them to eat, and what is not.
Class Withdrawal Policy
• Semester classes : you have two class periods to decide if the class will work for your student. If you withdraw after the two classes, you are financially responsible for the remaining semester’s payment. Classes must be dropped by midnight of the second class day . Payment is still expected for the two class periods .
• Colored mucus
• Diarrhea, vomiting or nausea (within last 24 hours)
• Eye drainage to include pink eye or any type of eye infection.
• Virus or infection (Ex- sore/strep throat, cold, flu)
• Rashes (contagious)
• Head lice
• Fever (within last 24 hours ‐ non medicated)