Our staff is passionate, knowledgeable, and ready to share their gifts and talents with your student/s. Our philosophy is to minister to the student first, and then to give them the highest educational experience we can with excellence. We strive for each of our students to have a successful experience at KDO Academy. We are not a parent taught co-op, but we do have places for parents to plug in to help.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
KDO Academy is a non-denominational, Christ-centered ministry to parents who wish to homeschool their children. The students will be involved in learning activities that have a Christian perspective, and encourage excitement and motivation in learning. This we do in obedience to God's Word, namely: to train children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4) Further, we recognize the necessity for the moral and spiritual development of our youth through Christian education in harmony with the Holy Bible. We also recognize that God has placed the father as the head of the household. Therefore the parents of KDO Academy hold the final authority in the training of their child. KDO was established as a resource to these families.
For Starters About KDO:
- We meet every Friday at the First Assembly of God. We are conveniently located just off of Rte 30 and Rte 83 York, PA.
- This is a drop-off program, but parents are encouraged to help out where able.
- Start time for High School (Grades 7-12) is 8:15 AM for period 1 and for Elementary (Grades 1-6) is 9:30 AM
- Ending / Pick-Up time for High School is 3:30 PM for Period 5 ending time and Elementary is always 2:30 PM
- The enrollment period runs from September to May with the exception of several high school courses that are either semester or quarter long. Full registration is required for each course.